Job Purpose Summary
The position of the Marketing VISTA exists to improve the capacity of CCUA’s Marketing Coordinator. The Marketing VISTA is expected to take a leadership role in improving and managing CCUA’s produce markets. The Marketing VISTA will assist the Marketing Coordinator with special events. The Marketing VISTA will promote CCUA by creating advertisements and distributing information about CCUA’s programs to the public. This is a full-time position.
• Improve and develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the on-site and off-site farmers market, including an efficient sales tracking system.
• Manage the on-site and off-site farmers market.
• Improve and develop SOP for post-harvest handling procedures at the Urban Farm.
• Enhance CCUA’s market website.
• Develop, write, publish, and distribute monthly e-mail newsletters.
• Maintain CCUA’s social marketing presence.
• Organize and execute CCUA’s informational and interactive booth at the Columbia Earth Day celebration in the spring.
• Organize and execute CCUA’s Harvest Hootenanny Fundraiser in the fall.
• Organize the weekly potlucks, record the number of attendees.
• Promote CCUA through a variety of mediums.
• Design advertisments, PSAs, and press releases.
• Communicate well with a variety of people: written and verbal
• Able to confidently give orders.
• Able to respectfully take orders.
• Graphic Design
• Event Planning
• Knowledge of gardening and vegetables
• Good attitude
This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.