Job Purpose Summary
The position of the Outreach VISTA exists to improve the capacity of CCUA’s Opportunity Garden Coordinator. The overall goals of the Outreach VISTA is to help organize and implement the systems and resources needed to help disadvantaged people grow food and to also bring more local food to disadvantaged people. The Outreach VISTA will help raise money and obtain other resources to fund such programs. The Outreach VISTA will help raise and manage volunteers for such programs. The Outreach VISTA will take a leadership role in planning and managing CCUA’s Opportunity Garden program, including training participants how to garden.
• Organizing and managing educational activities relating to gardening
• Assisting in the development of existing and new community gardens in Columbia
• Developing record keeping systems through program evaluation, invoicing, processing of payments, and writing the standard operating policies and procedures for specific CCUA programs.
• Good attitude
• Good at learning and teaching
• Good knowledge of gardening and landscaping
• Able to communicate well with a variety of people – both written and verbal
• Able to respectfully take orders
• Able to confidently give orders
This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.