Job Purpose Summary
The Production VISTA member will help mold the CCUA’s Urban Farm into an interpretive and educational community tool. The Production VISTA position will run volunteer workdays, give farm tours, and implement a comprehensive series of workshops. The position requires someone who is a competent, effective communicator, with lots of self-initiative. This is a full time position.
• Workdays Head volunteer workdays. Communicate with volunteers the tasks for the workday. Act as a resource for volunteers regarding CCUA as an organization, workday tasks, and more detailed information pertaining to the farm. Connect with interested parties to schedule and implement special group workparties. Record and file information for every volunteer.
• Tours Create a set of comprehensive tours that includes information about the farm and the mission of CCUA; tours created will vary with age group, specific interest, etc. Pursue interested organizations, schools, and clubs for tours; take care of all tour logistics (record and file number of participants, age of participants, affiliated organization, etc.). Create interpretive signs for the farm for permanent display.
• Workshops Coordinate with appropriate organizations and individuals to create and implement a workshop series. The VISTA is responsible for all logistics regarding each workshop, depending on the subject the amount of preparation will vary. Be present at each workshop to introduce the topic and CCUA. Record and file number of attendees and their email addresses.
• Fast learner
• Good communication with a variety of people (both written and verbal)
• Be able to receive and give orders
• Gardening experience
This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.