2015 Volunteer Opportunities are now open!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with CCUA. You can now view our volunteer positions here for individual opportunities for the 2015 season. To volunteer, please fill out our application at https://www.volunteermatters.net/register/columbiaurbanag.
CCUA has always attributed its successes in the community to it’s volunteers, and this year we’ve created an especially exciting volunteer program for individuals and for groups.
- If you would like to get more involved as an individual, please click the link here to learn about our Volunteer Positions. These positions require more of a time commitment, but are an amazing way to have a fulfilling experience helping out at CCUA.
- If you can’t fill the time requirement for an individual volunteer position, you can read more about how to schedule a volunteer project with your group here.
- If you are interested in serving on CCUA’s Board of Directors, learn more here.
Kilgore’s Community Garden Workday: Help raise food for donation to downtown schools and organizations! Kilgore’s Pharmacy generously converted its empty lot into a diversified garden for the benefit of the community. Get hands on growing skills and directly help your community.
These volunteer workdays happen every Wednesday from 5pm to sunset (8-ish) beginning in April and running until the first hard frost (September-ish). You can learn more about this at the facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/kilgorescommunitygarden.
Helpful Tips for Urban Farm Volunteers
To help you enjoy your time with us, here are a few tips to help you prepare for a day on the farm.
- It is important to stay hydrated while on a farm! There will be access to city water (via a water fountain), so bring a water bottle with you to refill.
- Make sure to protect skin with as much clothing as possible (such as hats, long sleeves, pants, and closed toed shoes). Wear sun block to prevent sunburn!
- The farm does have a restroom and several hand washing stations for cleanliness on the farm.
- Be sure to wear old clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- There will be snacks at the farm, so be sure to have a list of any allergies.
- There are gloves available at the farm, but supplies are limited. Please bring your own gloves if you feel that they will be needed.
Share and Enjoy
This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.